In this episode I share my thoughts on something I believe is killing many dreams: popularity and its dangers. I focus on purpose and how to key into one’s purpose saying yes to the very thing you have been called to do here on earth versus popularity us giving credence to everything else everyone wants us to be. over popularity: I share the following tips:
- Decide early on in your life that you will serve others. What is your Why?
- Decide what community you want to serve.
- Say no to anything that tempts you to promote yourself instead of telling the stories of the people you are serving.
- Stick to your values and don’t be swayed by the crowd.
- Go where there is less noise. Take the road that isn’t crowded you will arrive faster.
- Get comfortable with the fact that the only person that needs to see you is God.
To catch up on Season 1, listen episode 13 for a summary of the season.